Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice describes how DevCo processes the personal data. DevCo processes personal data in accordance with applicable legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable national data protection legislation.
For what purposes does DevCo process your personal data?
“Personal data” means data that can be used to identify you or data that can otherwise be linked to you. In general, personal data processed by DevCo is collected directly from you.
As a part of daily operations, DevCo processes personal data for various purposes, which are described below:
- Processing of personal data in relation to DevCo’s role as an active owner and development partner in partnerships between DevCo and platform companies.
- Processing of personal data of investors for Devco’s operational purposes and to comply legal obligations.
- Processing of personal data in relation to DevCo’s interest groups, such as sending business-related information and conducting possible partnership negotiations regarding potential investment opportunities. In addition, organising various events may require processing of personal data.
- Personal data in DevCo’s recruitment register is processed for the purposes of hiring new employees.
- Employee data is processed to fulfill DevCo’s duties as an employer.
When DevCo processes personal data, the processing is always based on some of theprocessing grounds defined in the GDPR which justify the processing of personal data.
How may DevCo disclose or transfer personal data?
As a rule, DevCo does not disclose or transfer your personal data to third parties. However, in certain circumstances, DevCo may disclose your personal data to a third party, such as DevCo’s group companies, service providers or relevant authorities. If the personal data is disclosed DevCo has separately agreed with you on doing so or has made appropriate agreements with the service providers to ensure the proper processing of personal data.
In general, DevCo stores personal data within the EU and the European Economic Area. However personal data may be transferred to or accessed from countries outside the EU/EEA.
If the personal data is transferred outside the EU/EEA, the transfer will be made in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. DevCo will ensure the adequate level of data protection by using standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission and, where necessary, supplementary safeguards.
How long does DevCo store personal data?
DevCo securely stores your personal data like any other confidential information.
The retention time of the collected personal data depends on the basis and the purpose of the processing. The retention of the personal data may also be subject to explicit statutory requirement. Personal data is not kept longer than necessary for the purpose of processing.
What are your data protection rights?
DevCo would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every data subject is entitled to the following:
- Right of access - You have the right to request DevCo for copies of your personal data being processed.
- Right to rectification - You have the right to demand the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning them and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure - You have the right to request DevCo to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to restrict data processing - You have the right to request DevCo to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability - You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to DevCo in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if desired, transmit that data to another controller.
- Right to object - You have the right to object DevCo processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you consider that DevCo has not complied with the data protection regulations applicable to DevCo’s operations, you are entitled to make a complaint to the competent supervisory authority (Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman).
If you have any questions relating to DevCo’s Privacy Notice or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 23 October 2022.